DFT/255/17/DVLA Head of Contact Centre, DVLA
DVLA's award-winning Contact Centre is looking for a passionate and perceptive leader to join the operational management senior team and take up the challenge of further developing our people and our strong customer service ethos following the retirement of Mrs Carole Evans, OBE, the current Head of Group. We have achieved great things in recent years against a backdrop of significant change in the driving and vehicle industry : the first public sector Contact Centre to achieve CCA accreditation Global Standard 6; industry awards for our managers; exceptional results from customer satisfaction surveys; and a committed, high-performing and motivated team concentrating on delivering best in class customer service.
With DVLA launching more online services to driver and vehicle customers, the Contact Centre is the front line service for customers to get advice; conduct some transactions; ask questions across a wide variety of driving or vehicle related topics; or for support with using online facilities. The Centre has expanded the channel options available to people to do this using Webchat facilities, emails and telephone contacts across our range of services. With our 1100 advisors taking around 10 million customer contacts across a year on average, it is clear to see that excellent people management and development skills, as well as service performance management skills, will be key to our future as we experience further channel-shifts and changing services.
• To contribute to the Agency's strategic business planning process, particularly through the development of our people, measurable targets, staff engagement, performance and quality standards
• To lead our Contact Centre to ensure achievement of its customer service, productivity, quality and efficiency targets, utilising a broad range of management tools
• To advance the Agency's strategic, organisational and cultural change programmes, provide subject matter expertise, recognising the implications of proposed changes on Contact Centre, promoting such changes, identifying risks and potential alternative approaches
• To lead Contact Centre ensuring the continuous improvement, culture development and a positive approach to change across all Contact Centre's operations and activities
• To communicate regularly and effectively with the whole of Contact Centre and across the Agency i.e. statistics, current issues and performance
• To represent the Directorate/Group/Agency view at stakeholder meetings
• To promote and maintain good working relationships with a broad range of key stakeholders including the TUS
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion and commitment for developing others and are currently working in a Contact Centre environment. You will have the experience and customer centric attitude to take us to the next level whilst ensuring quality standards remain. You will see the importance of visibility in this role and want to get to know your teams to understand motivations and ambitions.
Skills & Experiences
• Broad-ranging people management and development skills gained in a customer-service driven environment
• Experience of senior Leadership within a large contact centre
• Experience of heading complex contact centre and back office operations
• Extensive knowledge of capacity planning, forecasting, scheduling and real-time management within a busy contact centre
• Comprehensive understanding of contact centre technologies, current innovations and future trends
For your CV and personal statement please provide detailed evidence of how you meet the requirements of the role using the job advert and job profile as a guide for your response.
Please note that any part of the Job Profile could be tested at sift/interview.
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, the benefits that come with it are excellent. The package includes generous leave entitlement, attractive pension options, flexible working and other policies to enable a good work/life balance, including beneficial childcare arrangements. You'll also benefit from our commitment to nurturing and developing talent.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Salary: GBP57,855 - GBP66,533. Date posted: 12/04/2017