Senior Project Manager / Geomechanical Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
Established in 1985, the company is a specialised business and industry leader in the provision of geomechanical consultancy services and software to the oil and gas industry. Recognised as one of the oldest names in geomechanical modelling, their experienced team of Geomechanical Engineers utilises their flagship modelling software, Elfen, to advise an international client base on the full range of subsurface issues in the planning and execution stages of oil and gas development.
They are now looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their Geomechanics Consultancy team, based in their Head Office in Wales. Working closely with the Management Team, this role is key to the company's continued expansion and is primarily accountable for the implementation and control of all geomechanics consultancy projects. Once established in post, you will also apply your project management skills and experience in the revision and management of the company's software development projects.
Their Head Office is in Swansea's exciting SA1 Waterfront Development and is situated at the gateway of the beautiful Gower Peninsular. Their diverse team hail from all parts of the world, including China, Japan, India, New Zealand, Slovakia and Spain and is made up of cyclists, surfers, snowboarders, runners, musicians, game enthusiasts and pilots who have built their own plane. Everyone enjoys getting together for regular socials from a drink at the many great local bars and restaurants to their celebrated Christmas parties for current and former colleagues who like to keep in touch.
In working for them, you will be at the cutting edge of numerical analysis and modelling problems, helping the company to give key advice and support to an industrially diverse group of international and blue chip clients.
- Professional project management leadership to the consultancy team and product development team, ensuring contracts are delivered to the company's quality standards, on time and within budget so as to consistently meet and where possible, exceed the client's expectations.
- Review the company's current project delivery strategy.
- Complete project definitions and collate quotes, cost estimates and project schedules for all geomechanics consultancy projects for review by Director of Consultancy.
- Establish a clear set of project goals and milestones and schedule activities to meet deadlines.
- Define quality expectations and targets.
- Clarify client criteria and success criteria.
- Identify project risks and propose mitigation steps.
- Negotiate and execute contract variations and additional work arising, as defined by client.
- Actively participate to resolve project issues and escalate to Company Management Team if required.
- Prepare presentations, technical documents and other items to assist with internal and external training courses.
- Project Management certifications (e.g. Prince2).
- Proven track record of project management across varied timelines and budgets, delivering on time, within budget and meeting quality standards.
- Experienced in regional portfolio management, ensuring prioritisation of initiatives within a clear framework and focusing on delivering priority initiatives within the company.
- Civil engineering or geotechnical related Degree, Masters or PhD required.
- Significant, relevant professional experience.
- Background in geomechanics principles required.
- Familiarity with geomechanical software tools preferred.
- Good understanding of related and contributing disciplines.
- Strong leadership and management skills to reach desired project outcomes.
- Competitive salary.
- Employer Pension Contribution.
- Flexitime Scheme.
- Subsidised Car Parking.
- Operate a cycle 2 work scheme.
- The opportunity to join a well-established, industry leader in its field.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Oil & Gas Engineer, Geomechanical Consulting Manager, Head of Consultancy, Geomechanical Consultant, Geomechanical Project Director, Geomechanical Engineer, Structural Engineer, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineer, Construction Engineer, Building Engineer, Civil Engineering, Structural Technician, AutoCAD, ONC, HND, Oil and Gas Engineer, Pipeline Project Manager will also be considered for this role.