Maintenance Engineer - Electrical
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join BPI Recycled Products based in Rhymney.
BPI Recycled Products is the largest polythene film recycler in Europe, with the scope and expertise to recycle up to 70,000 tonnes of plastic waste each year. As a leading reprocessor our wide capabilities include LDPE recycling and HDPE recycling - specifically we recycle plastics and polythene from industrial waste, packaging waste and agricultural waste sources.
The successful person will be required to monitor and maintain machinery to ensure consistency of the recycling and manufacturing processes along with all operating elements of the Site.
As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- To provide effective electrical maintenance, as well as general maintenance, installation and removal of all site machinery and relevant facilities.
- Proactively looking for improvements for the department to increase efficiency.
- Maintain high levels of product quality.
- Maintain H&S and environmental requirements.
- Provide an out of hours ‘on call’ service.
- Maintain the site’s environment both internally and externally in regard to housekeeping and security.
- Participate in regular audits and inspections.
- Take a ‘hands on’ pro-active position, and to take an active part in all activities within the department as the need arises.
- Regular and clear communication with Engineering Manager, Supervisor and other key personnel
- Performing of day to day maintenance operations
An ideal Electrical Maintenance Engineer will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Have an electrical bias in their skills / abilities / qualifications
- Be able to demonstrate experience working in a similar role and industry. Whilst not essential, experience of the Plastics industry and PLC’s would be an advantage.
- You will preferably have completed a full apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have a strong knowledge and understanding of health & safety practices.
- The ability to be available on call, out of hours is a necessity, as is the need to be flexible in the shifts worked. The successful candidate will be required to achieve a high standard of workmanship, and he / she must have the ability to fault diagnose successfully.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £25,000 - £28,000 per annum.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 961010915 / INDHP