Title: Registered Manager
Salary: Competitive salary, training, employee assistance helpline, holiday purchase scheme, well established company and team going through a continued period of growth
Location: Based in a rural location, on the outskirts of Abergavenny
You will possess at least a Level 4 qualification in Children and Young People, and ideally be working towards a Level 5
Due to the location and nature of the role, a driving licence is essential.
Do you believe that some of your best traits are compassion, empathy and friendliness? Would you say that you're the type of person who likes to make people smile? Would you like to work in a job that adds real value to people's lives and at the same time offers you an actual career and job security? If this is how you see yourself, and these are the type things you're looking for, then maybe this could be the right job opportunity for someone just like you.
we pride ourselves on our friendly, innovative, person-centred, empowering and positive values that we reflect as a company. We are seeking candidates who share the same passion for the values as we do, offering a career where you can develop these attributes further. Does this sound like you? Would you love the opportunity to make a real difference to our Young People's lives as a Registered Manager? Then we need your support!
A warm welcome awaits you in our well established specialist service for children who present with emotional and behavioural needs, under the Greenfields Division at company. Based on the outskirts of Abergavenny, we care for Young People with varied interests and requirements, so each person is respected and valued as an individual, with tailored programmes to address the specific and changing needs of the individual.
Due to an opportunity arising for a Manager to oversee two homes that are very close to each other, we are seeking candidates with a QCF / NVQ level 4 Management in Children and Young People or QCF / NVQ level 5 in Children and Young People to join our existing experienced team of residential childcare professionals at our beautiful homes in rural Abergavenny. You must have experience working with young people and have the compassion to succeed within a challenging environment. The Manager will have strong experience within a similar setting, in tandem with managing staff teams in a residential care setting.
Young people at Greenfields are afforded high levels of Care, they are supported to experience opportunities to develop confidence, self-esteem and appropriate attachments. Young People thrive in an environment where carers use their skills to promote positive affirmation, celebrate educational & social achievements and provide the therapeutic expertise & support to effect positive change. In return for your hard work, we will provide you with on-going training opportunities, in tandem with good rates of pay and a benefits package.
Our Young People have varied likes and interests, whether this be dancing, football, horse riding or going to the cinema; sometimes they need support and this is where you come in to help them live fulfilling and independent lives.
Responsibilities of the Manager will include:
* To deliver a high level of quality support to the Young People and staff team
* To exceed the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for Children's Homes
* To promote positive and personalised outcomes of children and young people.
* To be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service
* To recruit, manage, retain and train staff both individually and as team members
* Attend and contribute to monthly management meetings
In tandem with the above, you will be flexible to undertake on-call duties, you will have experience of managing budgets and well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provide superb FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
* We have a proven progression path - most of those who started as Support Workers are now Residential Managers
* We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including an employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, special retail discount vouchers, stakeholder pension scheme
* We offer apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to get into the sector
If you are caring, compassionate and a good communicator and would like to commit to the first stage of the process, get in touch today! Please note, a driving licence is preferred due to the location of our service and the requirements of the role.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion; we do, however have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Team Leaders, Deputy Managers, Registered Managers.