Accounts Payable Clerk
3 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to join our Finance team, carrying out accounts payable/purchase ledger duties and assisting with the smooth and efficient running of the department by providing proactive administrative support.
With proven experience of working in a similar role, you will demonstrate strong organisational skills and the ability to work well as part of a team. This role would suit someone who enjoys being busy, is self-motivated and able to manage their time effectively.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, day to day duties will include:
- Processing invoices in a timely manner, ensuring all payments made or received are accurate;
- Coordinating the authorisation of Group invoices and purchase orders (where applicable);
- Maintaining Group purchasing authority signatures and levels for mandate holders;
- Investigation of discrepancies relating to purchase ledger activities, resolving issues to a satisfactory conclusion;
- Undertaking purchase ledger reconciliations at prescribed intervals, collating all relevant information and updating computerised systems in an accurate and timely manner;
- Managing the Group contract process;
- Dealing with ad hoc reporting and purchase ledger queries, liaising with other Finance colleagues where applicable;
- Coordination and processing of monthly staff expenses and company credit cards;
- Undertaking all accounts duties and other related administrative tasks, e.g. filing, post, etc. to a high standard and within set time scales.
The successful candidate must have strong numerical ability, be methodical in their approach and display good attention to detail. They will have excellent communication skills and ensure that a high-quality service is delivered at all times, with professionalism and enthusiasm.