Group Leader - Operations Quality
KSR has a unique opportunity available for a Group Leader - Operations Quality to join the team in Swansea. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £35-40,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
Since 1946, KSR has been an industry leader in designing, engineering and manufacturing of fixed pedal modules, electronic throttle controls, automotive sensors, steering ECUs and power modules. With eight worldwide locations on three continents, KSR’s global footprint includes manufacturing facilities in North America, UK, mainland Europe and Asia. Sales, R & D and engineering offices are in Canada, US, Germany, UK and China.
The role of Group Leader - Operations Quality will require day to day supervision of the Quality team including 5 Technicians and 5 Engineers. The role will be Customer facing and have APQP responsibility for nominated Customers. The role will also require you to provide manufacturing support for audits, improvement activities and monitoring.
What are the responsibilities of the Group Leader - Operations Quality?
- To apply total quality management / statistical tools and approaches to drive Quality Improvement within the Manufacturing Facility in line with company objectives
- Being a core member of the Operations Team communicating daily any issues arising from Customer and Internal processes
- You will be seen as the owner of Quality Performance and develop local plans for continuous improvement in product Quality in liaison with the Manufacturing Team and/or Shift Leaders
- You will be expected to develop systems to evaluate and improve business performance
- Coordinate the Internal 3Q6S Audits, Control Plan Audits and supervises the Operational Calibration requirements
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all internal Process Changes and Engineering Changes are validated and approved prior to implementation - you will be the Quality Champion for the change process at KSR
- Being a core member of the KSR Quality Team working closely with the Director of Quality to help develop the KSR Business Processes and Quality Improvements
What skills and experience do we look for in a Group Leader - Operations Quality?
- A Graduate or HNC in Electronics or related Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at a manufacturing facility - preferable High Volume and/or Automotive
- Practical experience working with ISO/ TS or IATF 16949 and ISO14001 auditing preferable
- Good working knowledge of common automotive standards and quality documents such as QOS, FMEA, G8D
- Understanding of statistical techniques for process control, manufactured variance, sample selection and calculation of predicted reliability performance
- Supervision experience essential
- A proven track record in Problem Solving
- Experience of working with Automotive customers (Tier 1 and OEM)
- Experience of 6 Sigma or TQM with regards to continuous improvement
- Practical experience with IMDS
- You must be well organised and able to manage multiple projects and customer interface concurrently
- Must be able to demonstrate assertive and supportive leadership style when leading their Team and within the Operations Team environment
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an industry leading company as our Group Leader - Operations Quality!