Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Based at our Newport, Wales facility (located in Blackwood / Crumlin area) we are seeking a skilled Systems Analyst.
The job requires you to serve as a Systems Analyst working in a global environment and being part of a global team. You will report to the Senior IT manager who has multiple site responsibilities across Europe. You will be working on local and global projects in close relationship with other cross-functional teams.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Analyze, document and prioritize business requirements in cooperation with key users, process owners and business leaders.
- Analyze, model and document current-state and future-state business processes.
- Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to Thermo Fisher, industry and application best practices.
- Prepare IT investment proposals and demonstrate the value of IT investments in financial and strategic terms to business and IT leadership.
- Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve and leverage of IT assets.
- Perform data analysis using queries and ad-hoc reporting tools.
- Document application work instructions and training materials.
- Provide periodic class-room training on supported systems and changes to systems.
- Provide day-to-day application support to key users.
- Troubleshoot technical application and data issues and engage with third party suppliers for higher levels of support.
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
- Comply with company's Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Lead projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent work experience acceptable
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Enhanced PC knowledge and skill sets utilizing Microsoft products, also Cloud experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to analyze complex systems, and troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong ERP experience with Infor XA (MAPICS), 5+ year's experience preferred
- Experience in Discrete Manufacturing
- GxP experience preferred
- Able to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of managers, workers at all levels in a complex environment
Desirable Qualifications and Experience (not required):
- Experience with Docuware, Export Master, ISYS, .
- Product configuration technology.
- Certifications: ITIL Foundation, Microsoft certifications
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Broad operational experience with a deep understanding of IT and Business
- 5 years' experience in a diverse Production environment
- AS/400 experience on Operator and user level
- Strong business relationship skills
- Strict attention to detail.
- Eager and quick learner.
- Team player.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Methodical and process focused.
- Results oriented.