35 hours per week Monday - Friday
Our client is a vibrant, independent local charity that has been serving people of Swansea since 1974. They work with adults to help them prepare for later life and age well.
They are now seeking a Volunteer Co-ordinator to join their team.
As Volunteer Co-ordinator, you will be working to co-ordinate the 75+ volunteers in the befriending service. Key responsibilities will include:
• Completing telephone assessments (including the Risk Assessment) for clients who are feeling lonely and isolated are who are over the age of 75 and who would benefit from either a face to face service, a local telephone befriending service and/or a Call-in Time befriending service.
• To match assessed clients with volunteer befrienders and to supervise the volunteers
• To ensure that any identified training needs for volunteers are met and all associated volunteer administration is completed
• To manage effective working relationships with key agencies across the region to facilitate the referral process
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality, data protection, Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discriminatory Practice. They also have the following skills:
• A good standard of education
• Proven track record in managing volunteers and
• Experience of digital record keeping (database)
• Ability to communicate effectively
• A commitment to safeguarding older people
• An understanding of quality assurance processes and procedures
• Welsh speaker
• A full driving licence and access to a car
Suitable skills / experience: Volunteer Manager, Volunteering Officer, Charity Project Co-ordinator, Volunteering Service Co-ordinator
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Volunteer Co-ordinator job click ‘apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.