An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager to join BPI Recycled Products based in Rhymney, South Wales.
BPI Recycled Products is the largest polythene film recycler in Europe, with the scope and expertise to recycle up to 70,000 tonnes of plastic waste each year. As a leading reprocessor our wide capabilities include LDPE recycling and HDPE recycling - specifically we recycle plastics and polythene from industrial waste, packaging waste and agricultural waste sources.
As an Engineering Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the effective maintenance, installation and removal of all site machinery and relevant facilities
- Proactively looking for improvements for the department to increase efficiency.
- Fully support agreed company backed initiatives.
- Attendance of site meetings reporting on the department’s activities to all levels of the business including analysis and reporting of KPI’s.
- Promote and develop the personnel within the department through training, experience and appraisals, including any changes in line with business requirements that may arise.
- Maintenance of the site’s environment both internally and externally in regard to housekeeping and security.
- Choose and implement maintenance methods appropriate to each situation (Systematic, Preventive, Conditional, Corrective…) Choose the maintenance techniques adapted to each case.
- Ensure maintenance jobs are completed using the best internal resources and contractors as required.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections.
- Ensure the skills of engineering department is consistent with the needs of the business
- Controlling of procurement and liaising with external providers/contractors
- Monitor regularly the mechanical, electrical and civil maintenance budget ensuring it stays in the scope of the forecast. Propose and implement any required actions.
- Regular and clear communication with senior management and key personnel.
- Draw up with the Project Engineer the plant’s 5 years capital plan and maintain it accordingly.
- Manage the plant capitals. Monitor implementation in terms of: planning, budget, quality, safety, training and documentation.
- Prioritise Project Engineer’s workload ensuring sufficient time is available to deal with requests from the other teams and the annual objectives of the plant.
- Ensure sufficient time and instruction is available for all team members to update the electrical and mechanical maintenance documents
An ideal Engineering Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous Engineering Experience
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of undertaking H&S Risk Assessments, writing Safe Working Procedures, Issuing Work Permits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to work unsupervised and be able to use own initiative
- Proficiency in IT, including Navision or other CMMS, Excel, Word and Outlook etc…
- The ability to handle multiple priorities to ensure deadlines/objectives are met
- Be in a position to work ‘out of hours’ in line with business requirements
- Engineering Qualification
- Is an effective leader, decision maker, people manager and team player
In addition to the above it is expected that flexibility be maintained so that support can be given as required and as is reasonably practicable, to all departments.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum.
- Incentive package
- Generous holiday plus bank holidays
- A profit sharing scheme
- Many other additional benefits
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 460831610 / INDHP