Job Elements: -
• Manage all (engineering and raw) materials held in the Stores Department, accountable for all receiving, storage and stock movements into/out of the area.
• Supervise storemen, ensuring daily tasks of goods unloading, checking, put away and picking are performed. Introduce formal SOPs and refine ongoing.
• Carry out routine cycle count of Raw Materials, Engineering Spares and Production consumables, with a target 99% stock accuracy (or higher) by both value and volume
• Review reorder reports for engineering spares replenishment, place relevant orders and ensure that stocking policies are reviewed ongoing to min/max required working within the set budget as well as looking at ways to optimise usage and control of issuing of materials
• Expedite requirements/orders with suppliers as necessary to maintain supply continuity
• Develop sourcing strategies for key (engineering) commodities, leveraging spend where possible. Provide monthly updates on achievements to line manager.
• Create Location for items out for repair and track & report status on weekly basis
• Control issuing and be prepared to work with production/planning & finance with any WIP / Backflush issues
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role is essential
• Ability to work under pressure
• Can-do attitude and approach to work
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and challenge the norm
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Proven experience with Microsoft Office packages and ERP systems
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.