Job Elements: -
• Manage all (engineering and raw) materials held in the Stores Department, accountable for all receiving, storage and stock movements into/out of the area.
• Supervise storemen, ensuring daily tasks of goods unloading, checking, put away and picking are performed. Introduce formal SOPs and refine ongoing.
• Carry out routine cycle count of Raw Materials, Engineering Spares and Production consumables, with a target 99% stock accuracy (or higher) by both value and volume
• Review reorder reports for engineering spares replenishment, place relevant orders and ensure that stocking policies are reviewed ongoing to min/max required working within the set budget as well as looking at ways to optimise usage and control of issuing of materials
• Expedite requirements/orders with suppliers as necessary to maintain supply continuity
• Develop sourcing strategies for key (engineering) commodities, leveraging spend where possible. Provide monthly updates on achievements to line manager.
• Create Location for items out for repair and track & report status on weekly basis
• Control issuing and be prepared to work with production/planning & finance with any WIP / Backflush issues
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role is essential
• Ability to work under pressure
• Can-do attitude and approach to work
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and challenge the norm
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Proven experience with Microsoft Office packages and ERP systems
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Apply for Stores Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly