Supply Chain Manager
Job Elements: -
Our client has an urgent need for an experienced Supply Chain Manager, for a small but rapidly expanding business. This is a brand new role within the company and is “carte blanche” with regard to systems and procedures, the successful candidate will be in a position to create the role. This is an unusual opportunity for the right person to join a company during its formative period and carve a niche for themselves.
• Receive and process incoming orders from existing clients
• Procure goods for delivery from one of 5 specialist suppliers
• Arrange timely and economic delivery of orders (worldwide deliveries)
• Maintain accurate records at all times including forward planning and forecasting demand
• Continually seek business improvement through, for example, increased efficiency and better quality
The ideal candidate will have:
• This is an exciting opportunity and the successful individual is likely to be someone who would like variety, and enjoy the challenge of being at the start of something new and helping to rapidly grow an expanding enterprise.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Thorough knowledge of pallet transportation and shipping container requirements
• Computer literate, with good organisation skills and a passion for record keeping
• Ability to ‘think out of the box' when solving occasional unusual logistical challenges
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.